Writing screenplays that sell
“No one is better than Michael Hauge at finding what is most authentic in every moment of a story.” —Will Smith
“Michael Hauge is a story master, and this book is an absolute must have for anyone serious about telling great stories for the screen.” —DeVon Franklin, Vice-President of Production, Columbia Pictures
Concise, authoritative, and comprehensive, Writing Screenplays that Sell is the most complete guide available on the art, craft, and business of screenwriting for movies and television. Renowned Hollywood story consultant Michael Hauge—considered “one of the most sought after lecturers and script consultants in the U.S.” by Scriptwriter magazine—covers every aspect from concept to deal: screenplay development, artistry versus commerciality, adaptations, copyright protection, living and working outside Los Angeles; finding an agent; and more.
Reflecting the latest trends and scripts, Writing Screenplays that Sell includes insight and detailed information on:
- Finding and selecting commercial story concepts
- Guidelines for story structure, including:
- Opening scenes that immediately grab the reader
- The five most common goals in Hollywood movies
- Why most adaptations fail
- The most effective use of flashbacks
- Creating emotionally powerful endings
- Tips for marketing a script—script consultants, script competitions, pitch fests, virtual pitching, e-mail blasts, log-line listings, audio script readings, and Internet resources for screenwriters
- A complete, in depth analysis of the screenplay for Avatar, the biggest box office success of all time
- Whether you’re an aspiring artist looking to break into the business or a seasoned pro looking for tips to boost your skills, Writing Screenplays that Sell is the one essential guide you need.
Booko found 6 book editions of Writing screenplays that sell by Michael Hauge
Booko collects this information from user contributions and sources on the internet - it is not a definitive list of editions. Search Booko for other editions of Writing screenplays that sell.